Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 1 November 2014

A time of change

We're now into the last month of Garrison as such. At the moment orders are running at 2-3 weeks between receiving them and sending the figures out. On that basis, I'll probably be sending the last figures out by 21st December.  Regarding next year, there will be limited sales to past customers as I've already said; this blog and the email address garrisonminiatures@gmail.com will be the only points of contact. I suspect that most 'eligible' people know what  they will want, please make sure you have the catalogue numbers and figure descriptions available to you by the end of the month.


It would be appreciated it if orders in November are not left to the last minute. If it looks as though orders are going to exceed my ability to complete them before 21st I will close the catalogue early. I don't really want to be casting beyond that date.

The final intention is to allow me to turn this:


Into this:


On a semi permanent basis.

One option I will be considering to to continue some limited 'general' production beyond 2015, but if I do it will probably just be the 20mm Ancients and 25mm S&S Ranges. I'm still producing 'new' 20mm figures and have several new ones I will be doing for myself, including several Persian and Mede figures.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. It would be good to be able to order figures beyond next year if you had a one month window per year for instance.....this would prevent the ranges vanishing forever, a sad day. I'm sure you will be glad to get a gaming table up and running on the plus side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a matter of how practical it is. The odd person asking me 'would it be possible...' I can manage, at the moment I'm running at 150-175% of target every month I'm open - so, the 'closure' is liable to be more of a 'if you know about, liable to still be there, worth asking' rather than a definite'gone for good'.

      Delete
    2. That's good new indeed. My shopping list for the SS range (and medievals)
      is indefinite, I will always want a few more of everything, albeit in irregular bursts as I flit from project to project, but can't muster the funds to buy everything I might need in the future. Many thanks.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reminding. It is good news that the range will not die out but prosper with new models.
    I let others produce my models as I can really understand that one needs time for the hobby.
    I cannot wait to see some of your painted collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over half the pictures in 'Ancient Ancients' in Miniature Wargames 379 were painted by me. I've taken down the ones on the Garrison site now, though the ones on the front page are mostly mine. Having acquired most of Harry's figures, plus 40 odd years of my own, there's quite a few to get on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I've enjoyed being able to access the figures again, even if I dreamed more than I bought, this sounds like a positive change. I'm looking forward to seeing what pops up on the blog.

    Its a bit of a cliche about life being a circle but when I was in college I would pour over that old Greenwood & Ball/Garrison catalogue and dream of what I would buy if I had just a bit more money while not having quite enough hobby time and energy left over at the end of the week to finish everything I had bought. Now I'm retired with the same problem!

    I'm not likely to build any new ancient armies now but I will send in a small order for odds and ends this weekend.

    ReplyDelete