Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 14 September 2016

JohnBee Egyptians

Many years ago I got a tin full of JohnBee figures from Harry. Haven't done much with them,though have since added a few myself.

Then I spotted an auction on EBay for a load of Egyptians and some of them looked very Airfixish... So I bought them (mainly for the other figures) and can confirm that the unknowns were JohnBee Egyptians - a standard bearer and light infantry. For a full list of the JohnBee ranges, look here.

Actually, they're in reasonable condition and not badly painted. Also...hard to tell from the pictures, but I now think that some of the Egyptians in The Ancient War Game were JohnBee figures rather than direct conversions of Airfix figures.

So, quite a useful find.

4 comments:

  1. For a figure I've never seen before that was only out for a few months back around 1966... one of the finds of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of them but they seem to be rather well sculpted figures especially for 1966.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very short lived. They were very obvious Airfix conversions designed by John Braithewaite. John then left Minifigs to become designer for Greenwood and Ball, Minifigs hired Dick Higgs.

      Delete