Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 24 September 2017

Garrison Medes

Vanha still stalled, Romans still not started, not a lot done recently apart from more of my Mede conversions.

A unit of Mede spears to be precise - 4 x 4Sp for army I/40 (b) or (c). Another 6 x 3Ax needs to be done for I/40(a). The conversion itself is simply the officer figure with cloak and body detail carved away whilst the sword has been replaced with a spear. Perhaps I should have done a side-by-side comparison photo.


Here they are seen with a load of my 3Bw elements - only need 2 of these for I/40(c) but I like 'full' units. Which means I should have done an extra two elements of the spears of course.

And not forgetting that I still only have 1 element  of Medes for my I/60 army - need to produce more of these. I suppose that, as sparabara, they should have the large rectangular pavise sparas rather than violin shaped ones - I think this is my version of 'artistic licence'.










1 comment: