Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 15 October 2017

Mede General's chariot.

Slowly going through the Romans - the cavalry are part way done now - but decided to finish off something I started earlier.

I cheated a bit - this was originally going to be a Persian general for the Persian version of I/40 but I decided to simply use 'spare' painted Medes and  make a Mede general instead.

The charioteer is simply a spearman with the bottom of the spear cut of and the rest bent into a whip shape. The general is an unchanged spare figure from the 3Bw unit. The chariot is the Garrison 25mm chariot with Assyrian chariot wheels and 20mm Garrison Persian horses.




 Meanwhile... I know I said the Minifigs Egyptians were finished, but never said I would stop getting more if they came up... and some have. So I've just added 27 chariots and 90 infantry to the host. Plus 2 Philistine ox carts and about 37 Philistine spearmen.  And I continue to be amazed at how cheaply they go for.



4 comments:

  1. Impressive job on the blue shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason blue seems to be becoming the 'Persian' colour - possibly simply because Greeks and Romans tend to be red or white, green is the colour of the bases and yellow is awkward to do.

      Delete
  2. That is one really smart chariot - can't wait to see the other 27!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't very clear there - ebay purchase, will take pictures when they arrive!

      Delete