Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Cyrus the Great's Persians

Getting round to doing some 3 x 8Bw units for the Early Persians. I'm allocating these to the DBA army of Cyrus the Great - the single elements in my other early army are fine and includes things like Scythians that weren't part of the Empire in the time of Cyrus.




One thing I decided to do - change the basic shield design.  Again the idea is to give each army it's distinct character.

Next unit is the Medes, already started. I'm doing them dark green - thought about using a lighter base colour but decided to do them all with darker outfits to add to the continuity of the army. After that I'll do an 'Immortal' unit in a darker blue - no idea when the Immortals first appeared and doubt whether Cyrus did have such a unit, but just as 'Guards' or 'Elite' would do. Perhaps as a 'noble' outfit...






3 comments:

  1. Somehow, even miniature Persians just seem to thrive in masses, even when they are i dividually attractive like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem with doing loads though - it's driving me dotty...

      Delete
    2. Actually just did rough count on the dots... about 120 per figure, 24 figures in the unit, another 2 units just for this phase, about 8,640 dots for the 3 units, then add all the ones before... I am totally and completely insane...

      Delete