I've spent the last week or so painting up some of my stripped Philistine infantry to form a DBA army. As I prefer to make complete units it means I also have a few 'extra' figures completed.
Using DBA 2.2 lists, I/29(b), the army reads as 1 x LCh (Gen), 1 x LCh, 6 x 4Sp, 2 x 3Ax, 2 x 2Ps.
My chariots and ox cart have already appeared on the blog.
Spears are A.Ph. 1s Philistine spearmen with shields painted plain bronze. I used the same figure for the 3Ax but simply gave them mainly hide shields.
The archers are A.Ph 2s Philistine Archer. No A.Ph.3s Philistine Officer - not aware of it being produced though I have a couple of Spearmen conversions still in the Dettol.
This is my current complete army with the exception of a 4 element unit of Cv I painted back in the 70s - army list Philistines and Sea Peoples don't have cavalry so they are currently being neglected.
I've still got a load of figures in Dettol - these will mostly be painted and based as 3Bd for armies I/28 Sea Peoples and I/29(a) earlier Philistines. For the Sea Peoples armies I'll need some Sherden as 4Bd. There isn't an 'S' Range figure though I have a few later EA Range ones. However, what I intend doing is use it as an excuse to paint up some of my Rose Sherden.