Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 14 April 2017

New moulds

Getting 4 new moulds made and the figures are now with 'The Mould Maker' - should be ready in a couple of weeks.

One is the S&S Vanha mould - apart from the archers, there are 2 variants of swordsmen (one with sword raised to slash down, one with sword reversed so it looks like it's being waved about in the air) and a figure throwing a javelin. Should have had new photos done to include the javelinman.

The other 3 are (of course) more 20mm Ancients - 2 are just some horses and Greek hoplites, the other is my series of Persian/Mede robed conversions, including:


The Greek hoplite mould does include another conversion - the medium cavaly figure rebased as a hoplite. It also has a singlr Roman figure - the marching legionary that I've been intending to sort for years. It's a repaired master so will need another mould for me to produce reasonable numbers - so I'm still going to need more moulds in the future.

In the days before I bought Garrison the previous owner said there was no way in which any new Garrison moulds would ever be made. I think my total of new moulds is about 120...

2 comments:

  1. Those are very fine. Colourful chaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They come under the 'why didn't Garrison do these back then'. The Garrison 20mm Immortal was one of the few figures I considered disappointing yet these ones were quite easy conversions -and a lot more satisfying. I've spearmen and archers with Mede, Persian and Immortal heads, so 6 'new' figures in this tranche.

    ReplyDelete