Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 29 September 2017

Vanha archers

Finally finished the Vanha archers. I've mounted them as (DBA classification) as 3Bw - they're only going to be used with HoTT rules in Fantasy battles and their are no skirmishers in Fantasy battles - everyone has a big sword and finishes up using it.  Having said that, if I ever get round to doing the javelin armed Vanha I'll probably put them on Ps bases. I've stuck to the basic Vanha 'green' scheme.


One thing I've never been is consistent. I did 18 of these on 6 bases, should have 12 on 4...
 

I mean, the spears are on 4 bases... 

With the swordsmen and possibly another spear unit (4 or 6 bases?) this will give the Vanha a reasonable infantry component. 


Being on a roll, I've also undercoated the swordsmen - these will make good Palace Guards and I'm actually thinking of red turbans.




8 comments:

  1. The green turbans look smart but red should be just the ticket for Palace Guards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so - make it a bit 'special' to have a different colour.

      Delete
  2. Red? or...Imperial Purple!

    for some reason I've always really liked the S&S range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought about purple but then felt that red is a bit more vibrant and really tends to stand out more.

      Delete
  3. Nice to see them getting painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to get them painted. Also undercoated a cohort of Romans and seem to have started painting them first though...

      Delete
  4. Superb, love the splendid archers!

    ReplyDelete