Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 25 March 2018

1897 French artillery and army update

Very much toy soldier rather than true historical... not certain certain about either the uniform or gun colours! Finally went for wood and black for the gun (I liked it) and plain blue with lots of red piping for the gunners (same reason).




Starting to get there in terms of size. Starting to look quite good.

Two other units getting close to being ready.
 And finally, got a couple more guns and 2 extra infantry units on order (including a Guards Regiment) together with a load of Zouaves and cavalry from Irregular that I'm buying ready painted.

That's really about the army finished... after which the Russian invaders need to be started...









5 comments:

  1. A smart force , I love the Irregular 42mm ranges .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like them - enough to possibly tempt me into other areas once this project is 'finished'

      Delete
  2. I think the guns are grey/ blue by then, with gunmetal barrels.
    Characterful figures

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT528Ov8FbCp-cSjJn6-51onePosMb79YO09sMrF7G570GRAn3F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - guns of this general time period show a lot of variation. The 75mm gun in the link actually entered service in 1898 and I can find at least 4 different schemes for that in the lead up to WW1! In fact, to me the one in the link looks to be green rather than grey/blue! Eventually, I just went with what looks good.

      Delete