Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 29 March 2018

6mm Empires at War buildings

Over the last few years one of my 'neglected' projects has been 6mm SciFi. Garrison had a nice range of hover tanks, etc, and I did did get round to painting some. Last year I bought some infantry (still haven't done anything with them) and during my current spending spree I got some of the 6mm and 20mm buildings by Empires at War.

They do a couple of packs that contain 4 buildings for £10 and today I thought... why not try one...

So I did. Took, ooohh... several minutes...

They don't cost much, are easy to put together, look OK - think I'll be adding a few more.

The kits themselves are a simple 7 part 'frame.

Over this frame you then glue odd bits of detail including 'ready painted' frontages. A bit rough on close up, but fine on the table. This one is just under 7cm wide.
 


Scale-wise, I think they're a bit underscale - 5mm rather than 6mm - but they'll more than do the job.

Meanwhile, as I was writing this up I built another one.










No comments:

Post a Comment