Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 27 April 2018

Found in the attic

Over the years I must have had thousands of 1/76, 1/72 and 20mm tanks and things. In time, they have tended to be packed away in various places and more or less forgotten. So, there I was looking in the attic when I came across a box...

Mostly Russian.
 I thought that this lot are all Frontline models. In fact, I'm part way through painting a recent order from them now. However, Frontline don't have any KV85s in their catalogue so I must be at least partially mistaken.
 This one is an oddity.  I used to have a number of JS2s that were converted from Airfix Stalin 3s with balsa turrets. Looks like in later years I found one of the turrets and simply stuck it on a KV turret - don't remember doing that!
 Airfix Shermans I used to have in vast quantities - looks like a few survived. It is possibly (but perhaps unlikely) that some of these are 50 years old.
 Airfix also produced 'toy' versions - had a few of these but not many.
 They're quite easy to identify.

I'm sure that the attic will produce more MIA vehicles in future - sometime over the summer I might start sorting all all my WW2 stuff!










4 comments:

  1. I never managed to get very deep into WWII despite various forays in various scales inc 1:300, 1:200, 1/72nd, 1/32. This is lucky since while painting the figures was OK, assembling plastic tank kits was/is an arduous, frustrating job with embarrassing end results.

    I think the only 'army' I enjoyed building, including the AFV, was a 1:200 Wargames South German Afrika Korps force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a kid I used to pass a model shop on the way home from school. Pocket money day 3 tanks (they were cheap in those days), got home and they would be made! Back then you had Airfix and... more Airfix. Your choice was tanks or aircraft, I chose tanks. So even today I still buy tanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that's just like after I retired form the US Army about six months later I went through the shed......Stuff I forgot I had! Enjoy the voyage of discovery....)

    ReplyDelete