Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 19 July 2018

Dixon Miniatures. Early Dixon Miniatures.

As in, very early Dixon Miniatures.

Must have been 1976? - I was sorting trade stands for the Regional Finals to the National Wargames Championships in Liverpool when a couple of the committee came up to me and said something along the lines of 'Hey Rob, have we any space left? There's a kid just started making figures and he wants a stand. He's just 17 but his figures are brilliant.'

So I booked Trevor Dixon into his first convention and LWA members always called him 'The Kid' - at least, all the time I was there. I mean, I was an old 24 at the time!

Anyway, I bought a load of Mongols and Korean auxiliaries but could never really work out how to paint them. Doing a bit of sorting at the moment and came across a few of the cavalry so... here are some of the first ever production figures by Dixon Miniatures.





4 comments:

  1. They are handsome castings!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and for their time brilliant.

      Delete
    2. And the young Mr. Dixon was in his late teens at the time? Still highly impressive. Even now.

      Best Regards,

      Stokes

      Delete