Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 27 December 2020

Of presents and casting

 It's fair to say that the figure situation has been a bit skewed this Christmas so....

The only figures actually received were from my son and posted direct from Early Wars Miniatures. Interwar British, mostly for Lovecraftian adventures, and some Japanese for general use. I've now put the wheels in motion to top this lot up with another order.

I had hoped to have more items available - ordered some Whippets and Vickers Medium MkIIs from Frontline but they might be delayed - email from Tim Wade saying he had tested positive for C19 and was in isolation, but hoped to be back in production by the 19th December when he would start catching up on orders.

Meanwhile, the cancellation of our trip to Titchwell meant I was able to do something I hadn't managed for a while - a couple of casting sessions so that I have managed to put together a month or so of figures! Still way behind where I wanted to be though!

So that's about it for now, though I will be sending off an order to S &A Scenics in a day or two to top up my roads and rivers.

4 comments:

  1. I got some EWM figures too. Mine are 1940 Belgians , Chasseurs Ardennes. Some interesting items to come for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a very interesting range, both their own figures and others. Think I noticed on their website that some of the artillery were actually designed by Frank Hinchliffe!

      Delete
  2. I got some EWM 1940 too - Danish and Dutch 1940 for April 9th skirmish games. Enjoy your New Year of gaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaming may start when the decorations are cleared away - at the moment my wargames table is being used as a storage area for the decoration boxes.

      Delete