Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 3 April 2021

I'm bored

So managing to get some casting done.

Few ellies and Vanha on the first day.

Plus a load more hoplites on the second day.

At which point Sandra appeared. 'I'm bored'.
 

So time to try one of the games Sandra bought at Partizan a while back - Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Games are usually for when Steven comes for a visit, but that hasn't happened for over a year now...

 

Games go well with alcohol - in this case brandy and Advocaat - oh, yes, and a bit of lemonade.

 

Brandy seems to be getting a bit low.

 

Still got plenty of lemonade though.

 And the game? Bit complicated, basically got to setting things up and starting to go through the rules.

Casting? I intend to get just about everything I need done cast over the next week or so.

 

6 comments:

  1. I will be interested to hear how the game goes. What a lot of elephants being cast, they will look great en masse on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephants aren't for me, but keep thinking about making a load of Garrison ellies. I'm getting round painting up 2 that have been hanging around for ages, plus got a couple of others. Meanwhile, Minifigs I think I've got over 30 of the things! Seems wrong somehow.

      Delete
  2. I'd thought the drink was a terrible cup of tea when I scrolled down... absolute relief when it turned out to be alcohol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the book but had never heard of the game. Nice to see figures in production... looking for a casting machine myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tirantis have served me well over the years, actually they are rebadged Sebas.

      Delete