Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 20 April 2021

The latest G3s

 Trouble with these, takes a long time to paint a full size unit...

Also, tetrion ran out for bases - got another pot but ran out of paint to colour it... so will simply not base these until I get some more.

Looks like the officers plume still has a bit of bronze paint on it - not noticeable on the table so I'll not worry about it.

Went for a geometric pattern that is based on one of my earliest designs. Actually, was originally going to do that design, reached this stage and decided it looked better!

This is the pattern they were based on - the figures at the front are 'S' Range survivors of my first Greek hoplite unit painted around 1970 -1971 in my then University colours! The unit at the back is a unit of Garrison G18 I painted a few years ago.

8 comments:

  1. Just lacking the Rams Head from the UBU crest, Rob :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, don't have any units with a ram's head apart from a Grant unit...

      Delete
  2. All looking rather spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the reasons I gave up painting hoplites! These look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They do look nice - think I might carry on with the University colour scheme, means I don't have to think about it too much!

      Delete
  4. Another splendid looking unit joins the ranks - nice to see those S range Hoplites too - much nicer models than the PB Mercenary Hoplites I have in profusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did one unit of the PB figures, found they were almost impossible to play with as the spears restricted contact, the second unit was never finished!

      Delete