Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 25 October 2024

Mould update, 25th Oct...

 

First of all, painting quality... Not perfect, in my defence still some finishing touches to do. But then, at time of writing it is just 23 hours since the moulds were dropped off by postie...

Both cavalry figures have proved castable at the moment, but of the spear figures only the ones in reserve are OK - the others will need time.

Overall the two infantry figures are quite reasonable. The armour is just paint but looks good - I'll do a unit of this figure painted like this as my next task. I'm wondering whether I should treat the nude figure as a peltast on an open order  LMI base?

Of course I already have the original spear figures.

And the Scouts/Charioteers.

Which means that 'new' figures available are:

SSAC1 Cavalry with spear and shield

SSA2 Horse archer

SSA1 Amazon, in reserve, spear and shield, tunic (bird shield figure)

SSA2 Amazon, in reserve, spear and shield, tunic (deer shield figure)

SSA3 Amazon, in reserve, spear, shield, nude (tortoise/turtle shield)

SSA4 Amazon Scout/charioteer, spear

As a standard bearer, I use SS62, Slave girl with fan. For chariots, Sygian chariot SSS1 but specify crew as SSA4 and SS37 - or whatever! As an officer I use SS61, Amazon enchantress.

Note the codes for these are purely for convenience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment