![]() |
| So, having decided that the Rose colonial figures seemed the best bet, my first move was to start chopping figures up... |
![]() |
| Comparison with Jacklex - they go well together. I'm still working on the new figures - need more choices and then I will have the best ones put on a mould. Pity Jacklex are no more. |
Incidentally, these new figures are causing a problem. I had pretty much sorted out what I wanted for an infantry mould... all these 'new' figures mean that I won't be able to fit everything I want on one mould, not sure I want to have two moulds made!
Note re scale: Minifigs 'invented' 25mm scale and defined it as a 6' tall figure measured to the top of the head - a 23mm tall figure would be 5'6", all these figures are roughly 22-23mm to the top of the head, so close to 'true' 25mm.




Looking interesting! Yes shame about Jacklex. I had finally decided to pull the trigger on ACW then they were gone.
ReplyDeleteCertainly intereting - pulling me in too many different directions!
DeleteNice conversions, they have turned out really well. A shame about Jacklex another load of good figures gone.
ReplyDeleteYes - quite a few losses recently.
DeleteThere have been particularly in the 20mm scale (Frontline, Irregular with SHQ and Kennington to follow). From what I have seen at the shows, 28mm is very dominant and has become the size for wargames figures. I am surprised that 15mm has fallen away so much.
ReplyDeleteI hadn’t realised that MF assumed a 6ft man which means that the scale is 1/72. The typical height of a man from Ancient times to WW2 was 5ft 6inches so a 25mm tall figure would “really” be 1/66 scale. That makes more sense to me as metal figures are that much bulkier but I won’t take on the rest of the world on this!
I always find it best to go back to the origin. In the case of 25mm figures, that origin is Minifigs who invented the term - so I follow their definition. And yes, by their definition 25mm is 1/72nd!
Delete