Not really an accurate title - more 'upsizing'.
I'm busy trying to paint up figures to convert 40 and 20 figure Mede units to match my 48/24 strong units.
I've added a Garrison officer and 'S' Range converted standard bearer.
This is a comparison between 'my' standard bearer and the original. The original's standard had originally been glued to the hand; I preferred a direct conversion.
The original unit's spearmen had all been converted in the sense that the shield arm had been repositioned. I left mine in the original figure pose.
The archer unit got a Garrison officer and standard bearer. For the cloaks, the leopard skin is shown with the spots on the inside - read about this somewhere, not sure where, so did it to give some variety. I'll make a point of mixing and matching this in future figures.
This is a comparison between one of 'my' archers and one of the 'originals' - the match is quite good though I didn't bother with the black lining - it doesn't make a lot of difference. The blue colour also matches better on the figures than they seem to do on the photo.