Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 24 May 2017

Camels again

As a follow on to my last post the camels are finished. I did 6 and they don't have a driver (?) - probably should have done a couple more, but...

Anyway, turned out better than I possibly expected. Usually I would have these 3 to a base but I thought that would be a bit too congested. Might add shields all round to all of the figures as well.




Next ones to consider in this line would be fake elephants. These were supposed to have been used by the mythical Queen Semiramis of Assyria as part of an army invading India - the idea being that Assyrians didn't have any elephants and didn't want to feel disadvantaged. So perhaps I'll look at this possibility when I next look at the Garrison Assyrians.

Actually, thinking about it, the next camel unit will probably be one using the other Garrison camel rider.


4 comments:

  1. I suspect one could get seasick riding in a camel howdah but they look neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do indeed look neat. Fake elephants are something to look forward to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still trying to work out how to do them. I have got some in 15mm from long ago when I dabbled in that scale.

    ReplyDelete