Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 1 May 2017

Garrison Camel Corps

Not many posts in April because I'm busy building up the Garrison Persian cavalry. One part of the cavalry that has been sadly neglected over the years has been the Camel Corps. I've now started to address that issue, so here is the first squadron finished.




Meanwhile, the some of the 'normal' cavalry are out as well. Still quite a way to go with these, - several more heavy cavalry units needed and I haven't really started on the lights yet.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice, your right it is not the unit that gets fielded first by any means!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of it is simply not getting round to it, plus the fact that I didn't originally have masters for the riders - these figures are from 'reclaimed' masters that I didn't get until 3-4 years ago.

      Delete
  2. A camel coprs is always impressive, and yours is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive looking units....well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quantity has a quality of it's own - and although the figures are quite basic by today's standards and not all that brilliantly painted, en masse they are certainly an impressive array.

      Delete
  4. This was one of my favourite figures in this range. Good memories and makes me question why I sold the army all those years ago.
    Graham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I'm back on my conversions kick. Re camels, I keep thinking 'Should I try for one with a howdah like the Funken illustration'. Will have to make the attempt at some stage.

      Delete