Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 5 May 2017

In the pot (2) - Persian light cavalry conversions

Many years ago when I first bought Garrison I used to try and make my own moulds using the Tiranti system. I also went through a phase of producing various conversions. Two of these were Persian light cavalry figures based on the javelin/bow/shield figure - one horse archer, the other with two javelins. A unit of each was cast, painted and enrolled in the Royal Army.






Sadly, no more could be made and 'bought' moulds had other priorities. However, I'm going through another mould making phase - 4 moulds on order at the moment - and decided to build up these two figures. So I've been quietly stripping the paint off 6 of each and they're in the final phase...


The intention is to use 3 of each as cavalry masters and put the other 3 on bases as infantry masters - it's worked well with a lot of other cavalry figures and should give me some useful additions.

I wish Garrison had made professional versions of all these years ago...

2 comments:

  1. Colored and great looking cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good basic pose that forms the basis of a nice set of figures.

      Delete