Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 18 June 2017

The rabble

One of my earlier conversions was to sort a Persian infantry figure with a spear and large wicker shield. The figure it was based on was itself an early Garrison figure - smaller than most of the others, not as well sculpted really but also very useful as a basis for conversion work. I haven't really produced as many of this conversion as I had intended but it does make a very useful 'rabble' figure for both Achaemenids and Sassanids.


4 comments:

  1. Very nice job, love the shields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shield was an SKT Sumerian shield. I never produced the Sumerian range, mainly because I was never able to work out how the chariots fitted together, but assorted accessories from the range appear now and then.

      Delete
  2. I rather like these, but then I have a soft spot for Rabble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rabble have their uses. Just ask Wellington.

    ReplyDelete