Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 28 October 2017

Absorbing the Egyptians

Has now started.

The first 2 units of infantry have now been sorted. Grey wigs have been painted black, spears have been repainted, shields likewise and both units based. Also, the Pharaoh's chariot and 8 other chariots have been immersed in Dettol, together with quite a few horses.





 A final decision on which Divisions these will be posted to has yet to be made, but I expect that at least one unit will help to beef up the Ptah Division.




2 comments:

  1. These look very impressive...well done. Would make nice Stygians too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very little work by me on these. By adding figures that I already had I can do a third unit - this lot needs doing from scratch and are in the Dettol. I've also got 24 archers in Dettol - confirm these are homecast, but pretty good jobs - one arm had been straightened to make casting easier and the mould used had degraded on many figures where the other arm bends. Frankly, I'm not as inclined to worry about figures that are 4 generations old and went out of production 45 years ago as I would be about newer figures.

      I will eventually get round to a Stygian army but will use the Garrison S&S figures for that - already cast years ago haven't got round to them yet.

      Delete