Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 14 December 2019

Last figures this year

As I've mentioned, once the tree goes up I lose access to my painting desk. So this lot are probably the last lot of figures I'll get finished this year. As it is, I only painted the horses - the riders were bought ready painted. I don't know whether it happens today, but back in the early 70s 'S' Range and early PB riders were moulded with saddles attached and the horses were were bare backed - so quite a few people would only buy a few horses and just swap the riders for the battle they were fighting. So these days I buy some riders that never had their 'own' horses - happily, Garrison horses usually do the job!
Figures in pretty good condition though one has lost his plum,e (me being ham fisted!)


Simple paintwork - personally, I don't think I could ever leave the shields that plain!

Bit blurred, but still shows that the Garrison horse is a reasonable fit. I didn't bother touching up the paintwork on the riders - it isn't really all that noticeable on the table.

2 comments:

  1. Nice - yes they are good fit - possibly better than the original! Because of that thing where early 'S' and PBC riders have the saddle cloths on the man (rather than on the horse) I have no end of cavalry that have either 'two' saddlecloths or none at all - I don't think Minifigs either managed to change-over both at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minifigs were a disaster area in terms of figure codes. I honestly don't know how many different S Range hoplites existed. I have mentioned in the past how an order to Minifigs was filled with 5 different figures for the same code... though one of them was just the wrong figure... and the changeover from original S Range to PB S Range (original PB figures were coded S)... interesting in the Chinese definition.

      Delete