Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 10 December 2019

Tidying up some Persians.

When I first started using the body filler basing method I originally intended to just use that as a base before adding flocks, etc. As such I experimented with a number of colours for the base, usually an earth colour. Finally decided it's time to get some some of these units up to the 'Chapter Approved' (is that an actual GM Trademark?) colour standard so I've overpainted the earth colour on a couple of units with an olive green/green sky paint mix.
One of my 'original' generals from way back 10 years or so back - the army standard was one of my first Garrison conversions after I bought the range.

Figures from the original Garrison range. The archer is still one of the mainstays of my Persian army, the javelinman/spearman  isn't used as much as it should be!

Garrison conversions, the figure holding the Spara works equally well as a Sassanid levy if I ever get round to it.

Side view - note the originals are in a later Achaemenid scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment