Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 22 November 2020

Vickers Crossley 1928

Another one of my 'quick' jobs. I've got three of these altogether but only one of them was to hand when I painted it. They are pretty reasonable pure wargames models from Frontline Wargaming and wanted for 20mm Pulp rather than WW2.

This one was even quicker than the Cataphracts - sprayed with a couple of coats od 'British Green' then black tyres and machine guns - which should probably have been left green, I just wanted to break the colour up a bit. Still needs some retouching.

Although the photo looks shaded, in reality it's a pretty uniform green. Being very close in colour to the black of the tyres and taking into account failing eyesight explains the need to retouch the model.
 

 

4 comments:

  1. A useful little unit! I know what it's like to have one's painting skills compromised by failing eyesight. I was lucky, as mine could be fixed: cataracts removed and lenses replaced. 'It's a miracle!' country...
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine just seem to have days when I can't fully focus - I just can't tell where the point of the paint brush is, or things are a bit misty. Basically, think it's mainly side effects of my meds but it can be annoying.

      Delete
  2. I love these interwar armoured cars Rob...
    I half expect to see TinTin popping his head out the hatch.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't give me ideas... actually I've got some TinTin rockets for use in 6mm, and there are a couple of nice books I've got with paint schemes of all the aircraft used in the books - to a certain extent these did influence the models I carved for 28mm pulp.

      Delete