Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Continuing from last year - Persian heavy cavalry.

 To be specific, just finished a unit I said I had sorted to 'get ready for next year'

White armour matches description of Tissaphernes' cavalry at Cunaxa. Pity Artaxerxes' men were dressed in white and Cyrus' in red!

The varnish on this came up with a very gloss finish!

Currently working on two of the other units I had undercoated before Christmas - light horse archers and some archers. Some at least of these should be finised in a day or two.


6 comments:

  1. A very pleasing colour scheme. The horses take me back to the very first metal I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem with red is that I feel that I use it a lot! The horses also take me back to the first wargames metal I had which is what started all this. Have to qualify that word metal with wargames though - my first toy soldiers were Britains metal Highlanders in a long-gone fort I had in the earlyish 50s.

      Delete
  2. I don't mind the red, its the colour of Revolt!

    I just can't get used to Persians in Greek helmets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figure 63, Persian Extra Heavy cavalryman, 400BC, Armies of the Greek and Persian Wars!It's the wrong style of Greek helmet but...

      Delete
  3. Very nice Rob...
    I like the red... it’s one of my favourite colours to paint.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, it's just... Greeks, red, Romans, red...

      Delete