Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 19 March 2021

Minifigs Persian Hordes

Bought as part of a job lot many years ago and neglected since then. I think that the ones in the lot I wanted at the time were a load of Syrian archers. I could have added a few more details to these but felt that it wasn't really worth doing - they'll do as they are!

I have quite a few of these archers - my original Minifigs army in the 70's had 60 of the things. One of the Arminians seems to have sneaked into the unit. Even so, one unit only has 6 figures in it.

Perhaps a bit of an insult to call the Arminians Hordes, but I already have one painted and one unpainted unit lying around as light infantry.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see a goodly number - I had a PB Minifigs Persian army back in the day - it was no match for my mate's Macedonians and found itself subsumed into a larger Seleucid army. Two interesting things about Minifigs archers of the era. 1 - arrows always on wrong side of bow! 2 - quivers always about 2/3rds length of arrows! I consider these fine design traits and try to copy them whenever I make archers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... the Persians were my favourite army, but if I was serious about winning a battle I turned to my Seleucids, based around 3 16 strong phalanx units...

      Delete