Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 5 July 2021

Just being silly

 Cleared the table of Japanese and most other things, decided to be a little bit silly so set up what could be the basis of at least two scenarios.

So I set up the table for a beach invasion. Landing craft and Buffaloes are either from long ago or came with other stuff bought off ebay. None of them are fit for use yet.

Both sets of my recent Atlantic Wall purchases. If I did an actual D Day scenario it would use the length of the table - think this setup would be a bit hard on the Allies!

Wespes from Father's Day, Panther is a couple of years old, building one of the large number of HO buildings I've acquired over the last year or so.

The bridge is from Frontline, still only partially painted. A river crossing or Bridge too far type would use the length of the table but at the moment I simply don't have the forces to do it. Could do something like Japanese attacking a British bridge somewhere though (literally thought of that while I was typing this!)


4 comments:

  1. Hmm buildings for Hong Kong on the list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking more Malaya - only Chinese buildings I've got is an (Irregular?) 6mm Chinese town I never got round to painting.

      Delete
  2. Marvellous looking table Rob. I really like it!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. More of a preview of possible futures than a table in it's own right - would love to do a linked lkanding- breakout- river crossing on one table but it just wouldn't work :(

      Delete