Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 12 August 2021

Japanese Infantry Equipment

Found it! The original Airfix magazine article I based all that Japanese equipment on! 

So, in the spirit of Fair Usage purposes/Educational and Research, this is it. Further, although I was convinced the article had been cut out, it was in fact still intact in the magazine!

From April, 1965 - so I was doing these conversions when I was still 13 (just!)

The article was actually by C.O.Ellis

Nothing really to add to this - I'll just let the article speak for itself.


7 comments:

  1. Marvellous 😁…
    I think I’ve got that issue as well…
    I love these how to do articles… you don’t really see them in modern magazines that often.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't really the need any more - which I think is a pity.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed seeing the article, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid Rob, I wish that I had seen this as a schoolboy, as it was a few years before I discovered Airfix Magazine. Did the article continue on page 255 ?

    I have seen somewhere that the barrage mortar was actually a crude AA weapon !

    Best wishes,
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted - yes it does, for some reason I missed that! I'll put it in!

      Delete
    2. Many thanks, Rob, I am now having to restrain myself from resurrecting a long gone project using WWII Japanese figures !
      Belatedly, Nick

      Delete