Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 26 September 2021

Some very nice fantasy figures painted by Steven

 While I've just doing chain saw - burn, chain saw - burn recently, Steven has been working on some fantasy figures - very nicely painted. They appear to have uploaded in reverse order but that doesn't make any difference! Comments appreciated.

'I have been painting some non-WW2 figures and finished the last one yesterday. Tried to do a decent job on them, but as always, the photos don't really show them as well as I would hope.


They are all 3D-printed 32mm figures from a company called We Print Miniatures. They do an offer of three random miniatures for a tenner https://weprintminiatures.com/products/3-miniatures-mystery-box-2021 . I decided to give it a whirl and see what I got. Pretty pleased with the figures - would consider doing it again.

One thing I have tried is a technique called non metallic metals (http://razzaminipainting.blogspot.com/2016/07/non-metallic-metals.html) . Not a single drop of metallic paint touched any of these figures. Just the cyberpunk warriors buzz-saw arm took about three hours to paint. Imagine that - three hours to paint one arm!

I will work on the Sengoku figures you got for my birthday next. I was going to do some Germans next, but I ordered some paints for them which should have arrived over a week ago, but they are experiencing supply chain issues, because of course they are.'
 
 








 

6 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed…
    I think non metallic metals are a nice technique …
    But they do take a bit of time to do… if you were painted a War of the Roses army it could tale a lifetime 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a technique I would like to practice. I have seen some amazing examples online. But yes trying it for an army of knights would be ambitious.

      Steven

      Delete
  2. I think they all look better from the back - with fewer details to clutter the figure you get a better feel for the 'sculpt' - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very detailed models,for sure. There are a couple of rips on the holster of the cyberpunk warrior for example. Cheers.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete