Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 10 March 2022

Apocalypse lizard

 Latest from Steven:

'I have been painting the free figure from Salute 2019 (not 2018 as I mistakenly told Sarah earlier). It is some kind of post-apocalyptic female warrior with her fearsome lizard pet. Decided to do a bit of a pattern on the figures - the lizard is pretty obvious, but the woman also has a camo pattern on her cloak. I tried following the advice I received on your blog last time by reducing the contrast on her face to make her more feminine. 


I am also trying to improve the photos themselves, with an improved setup including the white background, some fiddling with the camera settings and lighting (although I don't have a second suitable light to eliminate the shadow). I also adjusted the colour and light balance slightly on the laptop - although the aim there was to make the photo more closely reflect the real-life appearance of the model rather than to 'cheat'. 

The official paint scheme is here:http://www.salute.co.uk/salute/past-salutes/salute-2019/ The official figure looks crisper and I'm not sure if that is due to differences in photography or in the painting - or a mixture of both.

Next... finally on to the Germans. I have a bunch of SS panzergrenadiers undercoated and ready to start on.'
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Nice photos! It's a bit of an art taking nice pics of toy soldiers - or possibly black magic - especially getting good depth of field really close up. It always amazes me how some folks just seem to be able to point and click and get everything perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Took an evening of playing around with lights, camera settings etc but it is much better than my previous efforts. I am always trying to learn bew techniques

    ReplyDelete