Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 26 January 2024

Burns Night and some Bluegrass...

 Busy week with two events covered.

Burn's Night at the Grove in Cromer. The piper is called Peter MacFarlane who I met last year. My tie and his kilt are both Dress MacFarlane... only there is a traditional and modern version. The modern version is a bit brighter using modern dyes and represented by my tie; traditional uses duller traditional 'natural' dyes as shown on the kilt.We had quite a nice chat. 

The Bluegrass part of the week was seeing Mollie Tuttle in King's Lynn. She was actually a supporting act for Tommy Emmanuel. They have released one song with both of them.


2 comments:

  1. Good choice Rob. I like Molly Tuttle. Keep an eye out for Jeffrey Martin, worth a listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will thanks. They were both brilliant, only 'sad' part is they didn't come out to meet anyone or sign cds afterwards.

      Delete