Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 8 January 2024

Pulp 60's Armoured Division

OK, Not a proper armoured division, purely a pulp version. AC, HQ, Tank troop and SP RA detachment only...

I like the way they have turned out. Still not 100% on the colour but it is growing on me.

The Division is completely fictional so you won't find this Divisional sign anywhere. I'll probably call it something like the 1st North British Armoured Division or something. Certainly that would be a reasonable working name. Plus the colours on the badge look Scottish.

The Daimlers have been given different squadron insignia rather than all having the same one. So technically I suppose each armoured car represents a squadron. I should probably have done the same thing with the tanks. The Dingo (or Ferret? think it's a Dingo. Must check what is says underneath) is marked as a HQ vehicle.

When it came to allocating tyres I prioritised the armoured cars. As yet, the new tyres for this lot haven't arrived. Part of the Saracens missed being sprayed which I hadn't noticed - now corrected!

So that is the main part of  the pulp armoured division. Still got a few support vehicles to arrive and refurbish but this lot are enough for the fighting bit. Thinking about it, might incorporate some of my cheap Chinese missile trucks for AT and/or AA defence.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thought so, then realised I hadn't double double cheked.

      Delete
  2. Splendid stuff Rob…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's just something about Centurions that makes it my favourite tank, and of course just about anything Dinky or Matchbox put out, has a nostalgic appeal, regardless of who made the actual toy I'm looking at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Centurion does look good and was easily the best tank in the world for something like 20 years - plus it's the only tank to have survivrd being blown up by an atom bomb then served in Vietnam!

      Delete
  4. Great stuff Rob. I have actually been inside a Centurion. (Recruiting attempt by Royal Scots Dragoon Guards circa 1974 when I was about 12, they had it parked outside our school for a couple of days!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I joined the OTC I really, really wanted tanks... nearest thing was RA so I finished up with 25 pounders instead. Tanks would have been much better.

      Delete
  5. They look excellent, nice work. I like the drab colour which looks right for the period to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are looking really good.

    ReplyDelete