Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday, 27 August 2026

Lombard cavalry

 

Goth cavalry conversion with a long spear - so best match amongst the Gothic armies would be Lombards. Another unit like this and I have a complete DBA  army with 12 elements of Kn...

Simple conversion of a Sarmatian cataphract - remove the bowcase, add a sword scabbard and shield. Being a Gothic army, standard bearer is the Sarmatian standard bearer with a shield - I didn't bother losing the bowcase. 

At some point I'll do a few more  Goth conversions - infantry, probably use the Sarmatian infantry, change the shield and a longer cloak. I might put a 'coffin' shield together - the 28mm one I already have is too big but would form a good template if photocopied then reduced in size. Initial cavalry figure probably the same as for the Rhoxolani - cut down the Kontos as a javelin and give them a Gothic shield. Not sure where I'll source the archer from yet. 

In terms of time, this unit took about 3 times as long as any of the Arab units - I was painting them in tandem...


No comments:

Post a Comment