Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 2 March 2015

Of Wraithes and Men...

Garrison did a Wraithe riding a winged reptile - very LotR - but of course in LotR the Nazgul originally rode horses. Happily, the Garrison Wraithe fits reasonably well on a Tarun horse so.... naturally, I had to do it. Having said that, of course, they would do just as well as cowled and robed 'normal' humans or something... apart from not really having faces, that is.
 Not really happy with the paint job on the mount. I may or may not do a couple more of these, not sure.

 These ones look better 'in the flesh' than painted - especially the fact I keep getting the horse's plumes in the way. Unlike the last figure, I'm quite happy with these. It would have been better to take photos of these as individuals before I based them, but that would have meant another photo session.



2 comments:

  1. Sinister looking coves. I was never so keen on the Garrison rider because of the shield, but they look pretty good here. I like the finish on the beast, it makes a change from black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shield paints up well using silver/steel and gold. I'm doing that colour scheme at the moment for the last unit of my Tarun army, should have the cavalry finished by the end of the week then that's the 'official' Turanian HoTT army completed - plenty of add-ons though.

    ReplyDelete