Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 16 March 2015

The Ahura Mazda

The Ahura Mazda was the supreme god of the Iranian peoples. As such, quite a few of my Persian flags and chariots use it.

So there I was wandering through a car boot sale at the weekend when I saw this:


OK, it was a bit expensive, but I thought, well, 50p, might find a use for it...

 So this is the figurine next to various Turanians and Persians. Should be quite useful, perhaps on a building or even as a stand-alone shrine. No idea, but I will find a use for it. Someday.

7 comments:

  1. Who knew anyone was making Zorastian geegaws? Good catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had a small sticky label on the front from an Iranian Travel Agency, so I assume it was a freeby given to travel agents or similar as an advertising freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great catch. Looks nice next to the models. I wonder what will come next....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A group of wizards round a burning sacrifice? Started today as black undercoat, now finished and posted apart from varnish and basing. After that, possibly 2 lots of 2 tigers.

      It's a bit of a race to get everything done. The voices in my head are saying 'Sarmations...Romans.....Sarmations.....Romans.....' I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out against them :(

      Delete
  4. Could be a nice center piece for a Sassanid parade:-)

    cheers
    Uwe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost said 'but I don't have a Sassanid army' - untrue, I have a moribund Lamming Sassanid army. 10 cataphracts, 24 clibinarii, some lights (infantry and cavalry), a few Hinchliffe clibinarii, somewhere there's a Minifigs elephant... must do a piece on Lamming. Bill and Renee were two of the nicest people in wargaming ever. Back in my prime Bull and I judged many a painting competition between us...

      Delete
    2. Bull? Actually, that could fit...

      Delete