Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Russian infantry

I've quite a few old plastic infantry lying around - not worth the time to do a good paint job but good enough to provide a quick/cheap force. I think the term is 'wargames standard' - though I would say that a lot of people would consider that to be kind!

No idea who the figures are by apart from a few Airfix. Likewise they don't provide everything I need - can't find any of the Airfix Maxim machine guns I should have.

Still, they'll do for now.

3 10 man rifle groups - I refuse to say companies or battalions - plus a couple of mortars and an officer.

They're a bit on the rough side paint-wise - bases certainly need tidying up.
Apart from the Airfix Russian minus his machine gun I haven't the faintest idea who made these.

5 comments:

  1. Esci re-issued by Revell. There are also some Airfix Italians in there as well!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. More likely original Esci. I hadn't noticed the Italians!

      Delete
  2. Yup, they form the bulk of my tiny Russian force (which now lives and fights at my friend's place).

    ReplyDelete