Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Sukhoi Su2

Paper ships and balsa tanks are not my only efforts at scatch building - I've also made a couple of attempts at balsa  models. The Sukhoi Su2 was one of these efforts and I've just got round to repainting it.

I never got round to adding a prop - there is one lying around somewhere, it's red and came off one of those cheap Chinese things I get every now and then.


On this one you can just see the stand under the cowling.

It's just a 25mm round base with flock matting and a brass rod pushed into the underside of the fusilage. Later I glued a 2p coin under the base to make it more stable.








3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your link to this post in the Megablitz and more blog. I have considered this idea, but would use a teloscoping magnet rod to add posability.
    Thanks for your help!
    Reese Crawford

    ReplyDelete