Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 13 September 2018

Timecast buildings - and sort of all change...

The last of the resin manufacturers figures have arrived from Timecast - these were ordered well after the Irregular and Leven models.

Many of these are large industrial buildings and when I started laying them out it caused a change in my view as to the layout of the system....
Some examples of the industrial buildings.

These generally have bigger doors and so perhaps not completely compatible.

I bought 2 bridges.


The bridges are a bit too wide to be used with the boards the way I wanted to use them...

Lengthways they work - though might cause issues with the ones I've already done.

Doing them this way will also affect the possible street layouts - have to see how it goes.

So, in terms of models, Empires at War provide the high rise element, Irregular mostly terrain, Leven the bulk housing element and I think Timecast will probably get more industrial orders. Meanwhile I have accepted Robbie's kind offer of some of his terrain boards which will provide the 'rural' element - though they won't be compatible with my own boards they will provide a good parallel set.

No comments:

Post a Comment