Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Cataphract

One thing about 'new' projects is that current projects tend to get put to one side. In this case, a build up of my Garrison Macedonian/Seleucids was halted when I got Harry's stuff. I had already made a cataphract conversion by simply removing the bowcase from the Sarmation cataphract and adding various sidearms, even painted up a few prototypes and, last August, the first unit - though basically listed as Parthian rather than Seleucid.

Finally got round to producing the second full unit.



Personal view on these figures? crude compared to 'modern' figures but I still like them.









2 comments:

  1. I like them too Rob! I guess it's nostalgia clouding the old judgement - but I love the different styles of the old models and how they reflect the craft processes that created them. Great to see these - and all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's another bunch of figures I acquired a few years ago and have never posted - must try in the next couple of days, think quite a few people will like them.

    ReplyDelete