Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 4 July 2019

Giesbers Models A1E1 Independent.

Christmas and Birthday presents can be a nightmare for me - I want something, I usually get it before those times anyway. So I tend to think 'What will I probably want in future' - well, the Early War Miniatures A1E1 Independent and Vickers Medium seemed to fit the bill - an expensive want, probably wouldn't buy myself, suitable for a present. That was 3-4 years ago, the Independent is now finished as an adjunct to Newhaven.

One thing I seem to have done is glue the gun mantlet on the main gun on the outside of the turret - seems like it should be on the inside. One the other hand, the War Thunder Wiki site pictures have got the gun upside down, so  I'll not worry too much about my mistake! I'll just call it a production upgrade.

The markings are a very crude paint job to represent the Guards Armoured Division of WW2 - well. it's fantasy.

Likewise, it's an HQ tank and RAC.

Very basic paint job - sprayed olive green with very limited added detail - fine for it's purpose.

Sadly, though, being 1/76th, it doesn't really mesh with the armoured cars. On the other hand, for mass actions I could go down to 20mm quite happily and perhaps get some nice, cheap Frontline Medium Mk2s and Armoured cars - it would make the monsters bigger which would be an advantage.




4 comments:

  1. That is a beast. Just right for the setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was 28mm rather than 20mm it would be massive.

      Delete
  2. Rob, was browsing Dalauppror's blog and saw these 30s style fighters

    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qj6guYkxt_I/XRd-QbsSD3I/AAAAAAAAO9M/XVwBRI7idO4XEq5Prl9O4r3F0tvW1ZnYACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_5915%2B%25282%2529.jpg

    Made from a Disney cartoon merchandise, apparently. My first thought was your pulp air force. You could fit some floats and have your very own "There's a snake in the plane, Jaques" moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of good inspiration around - look up the anime film Porco Rosso for examples. At the moment I'm on a making thing and have been further inspired by all the Japanese aircraft Tim Gow is producing on his blog - so much I started looking for a Dinah on Ebay - nearly finished... and also bought a couple of Night Witches and a Boston. There's a Russian TV series on YouTube about the Night Witches - well worth watching.

      Delete