Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Back to basics - Saitic Egyptians v Neo-Assyrians, Saitic v Kushites Part the First.

Haven't played a DBA game in ages and feeling withdrawal symptoms, so got down to getting the figures out. So, decided on a couple of games. Normally I tend to use Minifigs for Egyptian and Assyrian armies, for these I decided to give the others a chance.

Rather than putting this lot in  with the battle descriptions I thought I 'd just put the army descriptions in a separate post with links to the armies/figures from previous posts.

Neo-Assyrian Empire 1/45

So sorted out my (mainly) Lamming Neo-Assyrians - basically the ones that appear at the top of my blog - plus my Garrison Saitic Egyptians and Kushites. However, I also used the tin plate chariot as the general. Likewise, the army itself dates back to the 70s - pre-DBA, pre-Hordes. So for them I used some of the S Range javelin men that I put on Hordes bases.

Saitic Army 1/53

One that was completely off the shelf with no need for substitutions.   One nice thing about this army - from my point of view anyway - is that every figure is one of my conversions. 

Kushite Egyptian 1/46

Another army of conversions (mostly) - though in this case I still haven't sorted the Cv element out yet (?) and had to use one from my Minifigs Kushite army...





2 comments:

  1. Any forthcoming photos? 20-25mm Ancients, were painting time and funds limitless, are one of those periods I would happily indulge. Greeks vs. Persians, and Romans vs. Carthaginians have always fascinated me..

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st 2 battles completed, probably 1st game processed and up with pictures tonight or tomorrow. Two games in one is a recent record but doesn't match my all-time record of 10. 10 DBA games in 1 day = brain dead at the end. (Actually it was brain dead after 6!)Didn't do separate photos for this post as the links lead to most of the figures in previous posts anyway.

      Delete