Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 21 February 2019

Assyrian chariot finished

Well - sort of. I've followed my usual routine of not bothering with reins, but I did replace the reins on Cyrus's chariot so...
Finished chariot. Not as good at detailing as I used to be. Not sure whether I should have had the horses further back/closer to the chariot body.

Archer has to be a general or something, can't have this chariot as one of the crowd.

Front view - nothing else to say.

Horses better than expected - thought they might look a bit too plain.

Crew armour basically lots of dots of steel on black background - takes time.

Not as good as I used to be at doing shields

Must admit I like the way the chariot turned out.

Likewise, wheels make a good match in the overall colour scheme.


I've posted this on labels as Minifigs... Minifigs crew and horses. Strangely haven't credited Garrison for the chariot wheels!

Next up, seems a good time to do the Review for my Assyrians.




5 comments:

  1. Well done Rob, its a beaut. Personally the fact they are one offs would tempt me to do the other chariots as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'd need to check, don't know how many chariot horses I've got but need 16, got at least 6... it is a temptation but I don't really like messing with them. Might ask Harry what he thinks.

      Delete
  2. Harry got back to me about the chariots - he thinks I should do the others as well. So I'll start searching out horses.

    He thinks they came from a medieval re-enactor in Scotland who also had Sassanids - Jim, don't know if you are reading this, but I know that you know at least one group of Scottish re-enactors - met them at Fort George - any idea who it could have been?

    ReplyDelete