Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 18 February 2019

Greeks and Assyrians and Egyptians...

Or, recent purchase of unpainted figures from Harry.

Didn't want to post anything until I'd painted some of them - now done.
S Range Greek hoplites. I'm losing count of the different S Range Greek hoplites types there are considering how few there are supposed to be.

I'm using them for the Atlantean army and going for 3 16 strong units - mainly because the original Atlantean army already has a 16 strong/4 element pike unit. Actually I used to field my pikes in this size unit with my Macedonians - very flexible. Sea theme of course - this lot are supposed to be octopii. Or octopuses. Whatever. Like these, must do more hoplite shields using this motif.

This lot are supposed to be turtles... can't say I consider this to be a success...

And this was the first unit painted. In retrospect, would have preferred to use crabs for the design.

Another Pharaoh's chariot. I have a few of these. May need to dip it in Dettol for a while.

These came with those fantastic tin plate Assyrian chariots. I don't expect to use them with those though - lots and lots of uses for chariot horses.

Another thing you can never have too many of(?)... Spartans. 
Plus lots of other assorted Greek, Assyrian and Egyptian infantry.








2 comments:

  1. Rob I love the chariot horses. You must at least make and paint one set for the tin plate chariots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might. The chariot horse is the standard Minifigs horse - they appear in my Persian, Egyptian and Assyrian armies - I think some are still with the Indians as well - so lots already in service. Might do one of the chariots, don't know.

      Delete