Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 1 July 2019

HBLS Armoured cars complete

I've now painted the other two armoured cars - an Austin  and Austin-Putilov(?). Possibly...

I did finally decide to varnish then, including the Rolls Royce - they look much in a clear varnish instead of a mat finish and will fit in better with my other figures. I 've also made an attempt to tone down some of the black on the tyres with grey - not as successful!
I've left all three plain green again with no markings.


Rolls Royce Armoured Car. Not sure of year - 1914?

Austin  Armoured Car - on  box listed as CW5 Austin However, the guns look more like an Austin in British use, so I think it probably isn't one of the  Russian versions. Would have preferred the version with the Russian style gun, it's a lot less likely to break.

Austin-Putilov Armoured Car code GW17 - just listed on box as a Putilov A/C -pictures of these I've seen were actually painted grey rather than green but green means I can integrate it with the others easier!



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what it is about clunky, rivetted early 20thC AFV's that makes them so apealing and stirs the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of early tanks and armoured cars havea fscination for me, as do some of the really ugly French bombers of the era.

      Delete