Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 29 June 2019

Test post 2 - the Germans

My WW2 forces are best described as chaotic. Some are survivals from the 60s, they then run a complete gamut up to  now. Scales, 1/76th, 1/72nd, 1/300th, 15mm, 20mm, 28mm...

So, perhaps concentrating on 1/76th to 28mm late war Germans. Not all in good condition or finished.

As I think I said - chaotic.
I would again say yes, the 'smaller' tanks fit in OK as do the bigger ones. I also think it was a good choice to just use a single storey for the buildings, perhaps two stories would be a bit overpowering.

I did get carried away putting everything out.

This little lot must represent at least four different manufacturers over a thirty year period - at least they are all nominally the same scale.

Ones from the past - a converted Airfix armoured car. The Airfix armoured car was weird - a strange hybrid between the 231 and 234 series - the 75mm PaK40 gun of the 234/4 on a 231 chassis. So, new superstructure and balsa turret gave my 1970s/80s armoured divisions a more typical armoured car - this is the sole survivor of half a dozen, now replaced by more accurate Frontline Miniatures vehicles. The 105mm artillery piece is the Revell offering, probably 90s, - I still have the other gun and horse team in it's box.








2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your great and helpful presentation I like your good service.I always appreciate your post.You did a wonderful thing and should be proud of yourself for sharing. Thank you! I am very happy to your post its a great post.
    Test the mind

    ReplyDelete