Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 28 June 2019

A test post - checking if things 'look right'

I set up some of my 28mm Newhaven stuff with a view to seeing how things 'fit in'. The original thought was the Rolls Royce armoured car of course. These things are about 8' high whereas the model scales out at nearer 6' in comparison with the 28mm items.


Instead of using the buildings as two storied buildings I set them up as one storied. Knowing that I was going to be using smaller scale figures in my tests I didn't want the size difference to be completely overpowering.

Putting the Rolls into the setup my sole question was 'does it look OK?'
Looking at it - well, it's smaller and not as imposing, but overall it LOOK OK, so on balance it's usable.

Next thing is to check against WW2 wargames models...






4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Actually, when I clook at pictures of the real thing - it looks overscale...

      Delete
  2. Very informative and well written post! Quite interesting and nice topic chosen for the post Nice Post keep it up.Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative post. I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.
    mind test

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be another post of this type soon - been looking at 1/76th figures in a wider context so will be putting it together. Glad you found it useful.

      Delete