Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 16 June 2019

1897 More Prussians painted

Looking through my various 'currently in the dip' jars I found that the Zinnfiguren Prussians were ready so, why not? - only 10 of them, over 3-4 days....

Now finished.
Nice looking figures, being home drop-cast not as good as spincast but usable.

Issues easiest seen on the stocks of some of the rifles. Some don't have a stock.

On balance though they still look alright - especially if you look on them as toy standard rather than model standard.

Don't really know how the backpacks should look but happy with this colour scheme. Toys...

Perhaps I should have chosen a better infantryman for the close up!





6 comments:

  1. Splendid fellows marching for the kingdom of Nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good. After several hours of casting I wouldn't worry about a too short stock or foot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not ones I cast - bought them off the internet (a year ago?) still got some figures in the dip. I did buy some moulds but haven't cast anything from them yet!

      Delete