Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 15 June 2019

Boeing update

Basic model complete except for engines. Must admit I enjoy doing these - they serve a need, no one really makes them and I'm generally using materials that are lying around anyway  - apart from the 70mm mdf circles for the bases, bought those to mount trees and will have to replace them!
Wing assembly - cut out template from plan, draw across fuselage on wing section, then other wing mirror image of first.

Slot wings in fuselage - I'm surprised how close a fit I managed. For me.
Very surprised.


Tail assembly nearly finished.
And still looking fine.
And... since writing this did some more work on it and may may as well add the extra pictures - though props still in an unfinished state.



One nice thing about this plane is the retractable undercarriage. That means I can 'slot in' a removable undercarriage, skis or floats.









2 comments:

  1. It is coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot better than I expected - done quite a bit of balsa carving in thepast on tank turrets - well, and Japanese tanks - but these ones are a bit more complicated.

    ReplyDelete